Reliquists: The SoulForged
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum-based Game

Go down

Forum-based Game Empty Forum-based Game

Post  Admin Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 am

As the notion of actually having sessions nears the point of impossibility, I offer this suggestion: Would you like to continue via forum and text-based rp?

Essentially, we would have something between a table top and a round robin story. I would restructure the site a bit to facilitate various types of RP. This is what I'm thinking now:
  • Events - I would create a thread detailing events that occur that would affect all or most of your characters and they could react in that thread.
  • Meantimes - Meantime actions will still exist as they are; they will be where your character can work on long term actions, train or do "resolve action" type things (like researching, crafting things, working a job, stuff like that).
  • Locations - I'll create a number of specific location boards, similar to the Brasswork boards, where location-specific actions and RP can take place. For example, when Hank makes his super compound place, that can be a location. I'll try to come up with a map of the Island (at least), to provide context.
  • Tall Tales - will continue to function as tall tales do.

Hopefully, this way plot can progress through Events, characters can grow and interact through Meantimes, the setting can develop in Locations and Tall Tales will give it that round robin/story appeal.

This begs the questions: what about our stats? They'll still matter, you'll still get experience (on a time-based schedule, not post-based), you can still train things. I won't do card draws or anything like that, instead just work with the raw stats. This means that you can have your character do more or less whatever you think they'd do, within reason. Your character won't build a castle overnight, but a crafter will a pool of 8 who spends a good amount of effort could get a house built fairly quickly, at least compared to someone else who has a pool of 4. Essentially, when writing your character, keep your stats in mind and write accordingly. If your character is training with their weapon and you have 3 weaponry, it'll be impressive to see, but someone with weaponry 5 would note the flaws and could tell they still had room to grow. Since it's just you guys (for now, at least), I trust you're not going to abuse the system.

From the beginning, I've intended all of you to have a higher than "just a player" amount of control over the course of the game. That means that, like in a round-robin, you'll have a good amount of ownership over the course of your character. This means that you'll likely decide when and if your character dies, what plots they're involved with, stuff like that.

Before this would start, I'll write up a description of the journey to Lockley Island, then actual RP will start once you get there. That'll be the first event and that will mark the beginning of this new phase of game. I'll likely archive the current Meantimes, so that they can be fresh for this location.

I know we've all put a good amount into this so far, and you guys have some awesome characters. I know I'm still a bit too stubborn to let this die for good, so what do you say? Does this seem like something you'd actually want to spend time doing?

Admin
Admin

https://reliquists.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum